Keep in tip-top shape with the second of three essential nutrient-packed recipes from nutritionist Kathy Findlay
Tuck in for a healthy boost of protein in the Quorn and choose button or Portobello mushrooms for Vitamin D. Leave the mushrooms out on your windowsill in daylight for 20 minutes before you use them to boost the Vitamin D even further.
1 onion chopped
1 garlic glove crushed
100g Quorn pieces (or chicken if preferred)
100g mushrooms sliced
180ml hot stock
100ml red wine
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
½ tablespoon cornflour
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Sauté the onions and garlic until golden
- Add the Quorn and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and wine and bring to the boil, reducing to a simmer until the liquid has reduced by 1/3
- Stir in the tomato puree and herbs and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Blend the cornflour with a little water and add to the saucepan, stirring until the sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Kathy Findlay is an open water swimmer, nutritional therapist and advanced sports and exercise nutritional advisor providing personalised nutritional advice and plans to athletes. foodforsport.wix.com/nutrition
See Kathy’s Instagram account for more recipe ideas: food4sport_