Hemp seeds contain more than 25 per cent protein and are the richest in protein of all nuts. Here are three protein-packed recipes from nutritionist Kathy Findlay
TABBOULEH HEMP SEED SALAD
Hemp seeds are a chewy, nutty tasting highly nutritious substitute for other grains such as bulgar and couscous. Raw Tabbouleh Hemp Seed Salad can be easily made as a packed lunch for work or a post-swim picnic.
- 1 big bunch of either curly parsley or Italian flat parsley
- ½ white onion, diced
- Several sliced or diced tomatoes and cucumber
- 6 heaped tbs of Canah hemp seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Chop the parsley and throw it into a large bowl, along with the tomato, onion and hempseeds.
- In a small blender container, or whisked by hand, combine the lemon, garlic, olive oil and a pinch of salt – mix well.
- Pour over the salad and mix well.
We used hemp products from CANAH, who recently sponsored Avram Iancu’s 2860km Danube swim. Avram completed this in 89 days, on 16 September 2017. For more information visit canah.com
Kathy Findlay is an open water swimmer, nutritional therapist and advanced sports and exercise nutritional advisor providing personalised nutritional advice and plans to athletes. foodforsport.wix.com/nutrition
See Kathy’s Instagram account for more recipe ideas: food4sport_