Hemp seeds contain more than 25 per cent protein and are the richest in protein of all nuts. Here are three protein-packed recipes from nutritionist Kathy Findlay
RAW HEMP PROTEIN BROWNIES
Use hemp protein powder to make brownies to enjoy after training sessions.
- 500g dates
- 100g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp cocoa 100g Canah Protein Powder
- Put the dates into a food processor and whizz up until they’ve broken down and then formed a gooey ball. This will take 10-15 minutes.
- Pull the date ball apart then add the remaining ingredients into the food processor. Whizz up, slowly at first, until it forms a breadcrumb texture and then add small amounts of almond milk (or oat milk) until the mixture starts to form a dry dough.
- Don’t add much milk at all, just enough to moisten the dough, so that you can form it into balls or press into moulds.
- Add a drop or two of any essences, such as orange, vanilla etc to taste.
We used hemp products from CANAH, who recently sponsored Avram Iancu’s 2860km Danube swim. Avram completed this in 89 days, on 16 September 2017. For more information visit canah.com
Kathy Findlay is an open water swimmer, nutritional therapist and advanced sports and exercise nutritional advisor providing personalised nutritional advice and plans to athletes. foodforsport.wix.com/nutrition
See Kathy’s Instagram account for more recipe ideas: food4sport_