We are delighted to launch the 2021/22 Her Spirit Winter Swim Challenge in partnership with Keri-anne Payne Founder of Straight Line Swimming and Zoggs. There are numerous physical and mental health benefits of cold water swimming and swimming in general and our winter swim challenge is designed to support and encourage you to keep swimming over the winter months.
The secret to acclimatising to cold water is just to swim in it, often – at least once a week, and preferably two or three, gradually extending the time that you stay in the water. Our challenge isn’t about how long or how cold the water is but to swim consistently through the winter months to get the mental and physical benefits.
How does it work?
– Challenge runs from 31st Oct 21 – 27th March 2022
– Swim a minimum of 10 minutes per week
– Accumulate a total of 220, 300, 400, 500 minutes
– Or choose your own minutes!
– If indoor swimming is your thing you can add your minutes too
– 30-minutes of indoor swimming equates to 10-minutes cold open water swimming
– Complete your winter swim challenge chart, post it in the swim community to claim your finisher swim cap and badge!
Find out more at: herspirit.co.uk/programmes/winter-swim-challenge/