We are looking for an Editorial Assistant to join our small, creative team. Working closely with the editor you will create content for Outdoor Swimmer magazine, website and social media channels – assisting the editorial team in ensuring the magazine is produced to deadline and supporting other internal departments.
What you would be doing:
- Managing the gear pages of the magazine, working closely with the editor and brands to ensure relevant products are received, tested and reviewed in time for publication
- Organising and managing your workload to meet tight deadlines
- Sourcing and writing news stories
- Uploading text and images to website using a content management system
- Creating a weekly email newsletter
- Working closely with the editorial, sales and marketing departments to promote Outdoor Swimmer on our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent editing, proofing and writing skills
- Creative skills
- Confident written and verbal communicator
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Highly organised and adaptable to changing environments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
In return we offer a fair salary commensurate with experience and the opportunity to join a passionate team of swimmers creating inspiring content for the global outdoor swimming community. You will be expected to work independently and remotely and to be able to join the team at least once per week for co-working in London. Some weekend/event work will also be required.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are suitable for this role. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 23 August