In the August issue:
- Quiet places: Simon Murie explores some of the lesser known swim sports in the UK.
- Could lockdown make you a better swimmer? Ray Gibbs and Alice Todd discuss the unexpected benefits lockdown could have on our swimming
- Lido Love: Celebrating outdoor pools with Author and journalist Christopher Beanland's new book: Lido.
- The loneliness of the black long distance swimmer: Charles Chapman - the first black American to complete a solo crossing of the Channel
- Training: Keri-anne Payne's open water checklist
- Swimming for two: Pregnancy and lockdown left Nicola Kelly landlocked with an urge for wild water
This month, our training section is packed full of advice to help get you back to your best swimming, featuring: Cassie Patten on the end of her 2012 dreams; Paul Fowler talks us through how to take your pool training outside; and Helen Davis gives three steps to stay motivated with your swimming.
Plus! Much more inspiring features, outdoor swimming news, training articles, travel ideas, and the sixth instalment of our Swimrunner section!