Outdoor Swimmer is the only printed publication in the world for the global community of people who love swimming outside. We are a small, independent publisher powered by the passion of a dedicated team of swimmer journalists – and we need your help to keep us afloat.
Our mission to bring inspiring content for outdoor swimmers has never been more important. We report on ground-breaking swims, bring you swimming news from across the globe, and share beautiful locations, amazing challenges and training advice to help you live healthier and happier lives through outdoor swimming.
Join our family, become a part of the wider Outdoor Swimmer community and keep us buoyant by signing up to one of our four new exciting reader packages. Your support will ensure we can continue supplying the quality, informative journalism that readers like you enjoy on our website, newsletter, social media and in Outdoor Swimmer magazine.
The current climate hasn’t been easy for anyone, but thanks to the support of swimmers across the world we have been able to return to print the magazine you love.
To help us to continue to print the much-loved magazine, to publish current news online and share our newsletter each week we need your help – so, if you can, please join the Outdoor Swimmer family and invest in our future. Thank you!
Outdoor Swimmer Fan
£2.95 per month (anywhere in the world)
Show your appreciation for what we do for just £2.95 by becoming an Outdoor Swimmer Fan. Each month our editor will send you his three favourite articles from Outdoor Swimmer magazine in a PDF ‘mini magazine' (download example issue here). We'll also send you an Outdoor Swimmer Fan fabric badge to sew on your swim kit.
Outdoor Swimmer Supporter
From £5.95 per month
As a new Outdoor Swimmer Supporter you will receive:
- The print edition of Outdoor Swimmer each month
- Free access to the digital edition (including after we return to print)
- Offer codes to download Outdoor Swimmer back issues for yourself, or as gifts for friends
- Pre-sale access to ticketed events
- Exclusive offers from our favourite swimming brands
- A special Outdoor Swimmer Supporter fabric badge
UK: £5.95 per month on direct debit or annual payment of £75
Europe: £90 per year | Rest of World: £105
Outdoor Swimmer Patron
From £9.95 per month
Become an Outdoor Swimmer Patron and receive all the benefits of a Supporter, plus the following:
- One free ‘cool thing' each year – it could be goggles, swim hat, training kit...
- Have a virtual cuppa with the Outdoor Swimmer team every three months. Ask us anything you like (preferably swimming related!). Between us we have experience in ice swimming, Channel swimming, wild swimming, racing, swimrun, training and coaching.
- Access to our full digital back issue catalogue. Read any issue you like, anytime, anywhere.
- Your name listed in the magazine on our Patron page
- A special Outdoor Swimmer Patron fabric badge
UK: £9.95 per month on direct debit or annual payment of £125
Europe: £145 per year | Rest of World: £170
(Please note: there is also a digital-only patron option for international readers)
Outdoor Swimmer Super Patron
From £30 per month
Join an exclusive and limited group of Outdoor Swimmer Super Patrons. As a Super Patron, you will receive everything from the Patron package plus:
- One-to-one phone or video calls with a member of the Outdoor Swimmer team to ask your swimming related questions (four calls per year)
- Member of the Outdoor Swimmer team to attend or speak at one event per year of your choice (eg, fund raiser, charity dinner)*
- Two free subscriptions per year to donate as you choose
- A special Outdoor Swimmer Super Patron fabric badge
UK: £30 per month on direct debit or annual payment of £360
Europe: £390 per year | Rest of World: £399
If you're interested in becoming a Super Patron but would like to discuss further, please email email@example.com
Note. Reasonable expenses will need to be covered if event involves travel and accommodation
Buy us a coffee
If you're not in a position to make a monthly contribution but would still like to show your appreciation of our work and the content we provide for free on our website and weekly email newsletter, we'd be delighted if you could buy us a virtual coffee!
Why do you need our support?
Before the pandemic, a significant portion of our income came from advertising. Unfortunately, many of our commercial and charity partners have also been severely impacted by coronavirus and have had to cancel their advertising. In addition, we’ve also lost other sources of revenue such as retail sales in shops and at the many events we attend each year. At the same time, most of our costs (except for printing, paper and postage) have continued unchanged.
Where will my money go?
Your financial contribution helps pay for the small team of writers, editors, designer and sales staff who create Outdoor Swimmer's magazine, newsletter, website, social media content and events. We believe that our contributors should be paid fairly for the content they provide.
I already have a print subscription. Do I have to contribute more?
We wouldn’t still be here if it wasn’t for our loyal and passionate subscribers. As a thank you for sticking with us during these difficult times, all current direct debit print subscribers will be moved onto our Outdoor Swimmer Supporter package at no additional cost.
If you wish to become a Patron or Super Patron instead, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How else can I support Outdoor Swimmer?
As well as signing up to one of our reader packages, you can support Outdoor Swimmer by subscribing to our free weekly newsletter, following us on social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and help extend our Outdoor Swimmer family by sharing outdoorswimmer.com stories and articles with your swimming buddies and encouraging them to sign up to our reader packages. Thank you for helping to spread the word!