To complete this as written, you should be capable of swimming repeatedly 100m off 90secs. Times and distances should be altered to match your current ability and fitness levels.
You will need Pullbuoy, Paddles and Flippers.
- 600 metres, every 4th length fast kicking.
STROKE WORK – FLIPPERS ON
- 8 x 50m swim and rest off 1.15, swum as 25m Fly, 25 Backstroke
Main set. 30 secs rest between each set. As the distances gets shorter, times should be faster.
- 1 x 400, timed
- 2 x 200, (times added together should be faster than the prev. 400m)
- 4 x 100, (times added together should be faster than the prev. split 400m)
SPRINTS AND STAMINA BUILDING
- 10 Broken 100’s – flat out performance
- Break it at the 2 lengths point with 10 secs rest
- Swim and rest the 100’s off 2min.
- Paddles and flippers, Flat out 400m timed
Rest for 2 mins, then….
- 10 x 50m sprints, swim and rest off 1.15, very hard.
- 300m relaxed variety.