Find the best outdoor swimming venues, swimming coaches and guided swims. Search by individual location or coach name, or click a ‘listing type’ link below to see a whole group. Contact us to update your own listing.
Located at Dock 9 Salford Quays, Boundary Water Park Cheshire, various Pools in the North West. Offers coaching, video analysis training, events, guided swims from Wales, Lake District to Scotland. Full crew/boat support.
Polar (Winter) Swims & Intros to Cold Water
November-March*, Saturdays & Sundays (fortnightly), 11-12pm
*Including the Wildswim & Walks
For the last decade Uswim have run 'POLAR SWIMS' and 'INTRO'S TO COLD WATER' at Dock 9, Salford Quays and Boundary Water Park, both of which are 100% guaranteed to get your pulses racing! The benefits of cold water swimming on our mental & physical health is incalculable. Come and feel the 'buzz' for yourself. Join the cool crew!
For safety reasons you'll be required to use towfloats, wear a swim cap (or two!) and be a competent swimmer.
Water safety is provided and wetsuits (available for hire) are optional with skin swimmers welcome. Hot drinks are complimentary. Cakes for sale.
Saturdays - Dock 9, Quays - 11-12pm
Sundays - Boundary - 11-12pm
*Last entry 15mins before the swims end.
1-2-1 Swim Tuition (including video analysis)
Fridays 1 & 15 December, 5, 19 January (various times from 7.30-10am)
Nuffield Manchester Printworks Fitness & Wellbeing Gym, 27 Withy Grove, Manchester, M4 2BS
We offer a range of sessions to help you swimprove and be the very best swimmers you can be. Our expert Coaches have over 30 years experience in improving peoples swim techniques. We've taught non-swimmers to swim, triathletes to become 'Ironmen' and trained recreational swimmers to cross the English Channel.
Make great progress by working with experienced swim coach Dave Quartermain. The 45-minute sessions are tailored to your needs and include video analysis. They will provide a detailed evaluation of your current swim stroke with corrective practices provided to improve every aspect of your stroke.
These personal sessions are a sure way to improve your swim stroke and take you to the 'next level'.
Mile Challenges (Guided Swims)
CONISTON, Sat 6 April
ULLSWATER, Sun 7 April
WINDERMERE, Mon 8 April
An opportunity to swim a mile outdoors alongside a professional guide in these most lovely of places. It's a great way to 'test the water' if you're already planning on taking part in longer events in the Lakes and you'll receive some fabulous pictures and videos of your swim as well as top swim tips (if requested) from your highly qualified guides Dave and Karen Q. What's not to love!
Solo, pairs, small groups, wetsuits, skins, breastroke, frontcrawl, all are welcome to attempt the mile challenges.
As Founder of Uswim Dave has a passion for open water swimming that has taken him to places such as New York (to swim around Manhattan Island, first Brit winner) and also attempt the English Channel. As one of the UK's top open water swimmers in the late '90's he set up Uswim to provide safely supervised open water swims in the Northwest (UK).
- ASA Qualified Level 2 Swim Coach (since 1995)
- Since 1995 - Organising / guiding open water swims and expeditions for over 350 swimmers
- Swimmer / Coach - World's first two-way Loch Ness (52miles)
- Coach / Swimmer - Manchester Ship Canal Solo (36miles)
- Coach - "Super Six Challenge" - Climbing three tallest peaks and swimming three longest UK lakes continuously (58 hours - Relay team, 79 hours - Solo woman)
- Coach - Eight successful Solo English Channel swimmers
- Eleven successful English Channel Relay Teams
A qualified Childrens Nurse Karen also has an unrivalled love and passion for all things outdoors. Since her baptism of fire swimming a marathon Loch Ness Relay she has successfully completed a Jersey to France Solo, 1-Way Windermere, Ullswater, Coniston and numerous English Channel Relay swims. As an integral part of Uswim Karen leads on guided adventure swims (Uswim Adventure).
- Swimmer - Solo Jersey To France Channel Solo, Solo Windermere, Ulswater, Coniston, 3 Lakes Relay Challenge' (Loch Awe, Windermere, Bala), Monster Loch Challenge (Ness, Awe)
- ASA Level 1 & Level 2 Swim Coach
- RLSS National Water Safety Management Programme Levels, 1, 2, 3
- Guided numerous English Channel, Loch Ness, Loch Lomond Relays plus solo channel / lakes crossings (45 in 2017/18/19)
- RYA Open Water Specific First Aid
- Powerboat Level 2 Award
- Emergency First Responder
- RLSS Open Water Lifeguide and First Aid