The third leg of the FINA/HOSA 10km Marathon World Cup takes place tomorrow morning in Balatonfüred, Hungary. The World Cup is an annually staged elite-level open water swimming competition. Competitors have already raced in Argentina and the United Arab Emirates, and after Hungary the competition moves to Lac St Jean (Canada), 28 July; Lac Megantic (Canada), 13 August; Chun’an (China), 9 October; and Hong Kong, 15 October.
Forty-seven athletes are on the start list of the men’s race in Hungary, including nine swimmers who have qualified for the Rio Olympics:
- Christian Reichert (Germany) (2015 World Cup series winner)
- Ivan Enderica Ochoa (Ecuador)
- Yasunari Hirai (Japan)
- Vitaliy Khudyakov (Kazakhstan)
- Sean Ryan (USA)
- Simone Ruffini (Italy)
- Richard Weinberger (Canada)
- Federico Vanelli (Italy)
- Allan do Carmo (Brazil)
Thirty athletes will take to the water in the women’s race, including six swimmers who have qualified for Rio:
- Ana Marcela Cunha (Brazil)
- Rachele Bruni (Italy) (2015 World Cup series winner)
- Poliana Okimoto Cintra (Brazil)
- Isabelle Härle (Germany)
- Haley Anderson (USA)
- Eva Risztov (Hungary)
The full start list for both races is available on FINA’s website.
Watch FINA’s live stream of both races here tomorrow morning.
Image: 2015 World Cup series winner Rachele Bruni