To complete this as written you should be capable of swimming 100m freestyle repeats of 90 seconds.
Times and distance should be altered to match your current ability and fitness levels.
You will need fins (flippers), paddles, a drink and possibly an energy bar/gel or snack.
- 16 x 50m off 55s – Time = 14min 40secs
1 Minute rest to…
PUT YOUR PADDLES & FLIPPERS ON as we are gonna make some time up here
- 8 x 100m off 90S (12mins) Total 26mins
1min extra rest Total 27mins
- 8 x 100m off 90S (12mins) Total 39mins
1min extra rest Total 40mins
PADDLES & FLIPPERS OFF
- 8 x 150metres off 2.30 (20mins) Total 1hr
1 min extra rest Total 1hr 1min
- 8 x 150metres off 2.30 (20mins) Total 1hr 21min
1 min extra rest Total 1hr 22mins
THIS BIT’S GONNA HURT
PADDLES & FLIPPERS ON – work those flippers hard
- 8 x 200metres off 3.10 (25.20) 1hr 47mins 20sec
1min extra rest 1hr 48mins 20sec
- 8 x 200metres off 3.10 (25.20) 2hrs 13min 40sec
1min extra rest 2hrs 14mins 40sec
So we now have 16 minutes left to do a nice 500metre swim down.