Speedy recovery recipes – 2
Here are a three quick and easy recovery dinners from nutritionist Kathy Findlay for when time is short. Fill up, fuel up and prep your muscles ready for your next training session
30 minutes. 90g carbs: 28g protein.
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 medium onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp of your favourite curry paste
- 1 tin coconut milk 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- Chop the onions and garlic and put the oil and onions into a large pan and cook on a low-medium heat until the onions start to soften and turn clear, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic for a further 1 minute.
- Add 1 tbsp curry paste and the coconut milk, stirring until the curry is dissolved. Add another pinch of salt. Taste test – if you’d like your curry a little stronger then add another tbsp.
- Throw in the chickpeas and sweetcorn and cook on a medium heat for around 5 minutes, bringing the curry to a boil. If it starts to burn, reduce heat immediately.
- Once the curry has thickened, serve it with a big dollop of plain soya yoghurt.
Kathy Findlay is an open water swimmer, nutritional therapist and advanced sports and exercise nutritional advisor providing personalised nutritional advice and plans to athletes. foodforsport.wix.com/nutrition
See Kathy’s Instagram account for more recipe ideas: food4sport_