Here are a three quick and easy recovery dinners from nutritionist Kathy Findlay for when time is short. Fill up, fuel up and prep your muscles ready for your next training session
RED & WHITE QUINOA WARM SALAD
Time: 20 minutes.
Ratio: 80g carbs:17g protein.
- 60g quinoa
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Selection of salad vegetables (eg, spring onion, tomatoes, cucumber)
- Pinch of salt
- Dried parsley
- 30g cheese
- Fruit (eg, grapes, strawberries) (optional)
- Simmer 60g of quinoa in 180ml of vegetable stock (use a cube) until tender and all the water has been absorbed. This will take 10-15minutes.
- While doing this, chop a variety of salad veggies such as spring onions, cucumber and tomatoes, then stir them through the quinoa, adding a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of dried parsley. 3Cube 30g your favourite cheese and stir it through your warm salad.
- If you’re feeling adventurous then try adding a fruit such as grapes or strawberries too.
Kathy Findlay is an open water swimmer, nutritional therapist and advanced sports and exercise nutritional advisor providing personalised nutritional advice and plans to athletes. foodforsport.wix.com/nutrition
See Kathy’s Instagram account for more recipe ideas: food4sport_