Outdoor Swimmer’s first trends report, published in February 2021, revealed the huge importance swimmers put on their activity as a means of supporting their mental health and general wellbeing. Moreover, it showed that three in four outdoor swimmers wanted to continue swimming in winter and that becoming an outdoor swimmer increases people’s concern for the natural environment.
The findings from Trends in Outdoor Swimming #1 were shared with parliamentarians, policy makers and national governing bodies and influence their thinking on why they should support and encourage outdoor swimming and how they should do so.
The survey for Trends in Outdoor Swimming #2 is now live and includes new questions on access to swimming locations and concerns about water quality. Following the success of the first report, Outdoor Swimmer has worked closely with sports governing bodies and other organisations to refine and improve the survey to ensure we develop a comprehensive picture of the outdoor swimming landscape and the needs of swimmers. Trends in Outdoor Swimming #2, which will be published early in 2022, will break new ground in our understanding of the relevance of outdoor swimming in people’s lives.
To encourage swimmers to complete the survey, Outdoor Swimmer has lined up an array of exciting prizes. In addition, anyone completing the survey will be able to download a free copy of Trends in Outdoor Swimming #1.
- A £200 zoggs.com voucher
- Two entries into Henley Mile at the Outdoor Swimmer Henley Swim Festival on 10 July 2022
- Free entry to next year’s Wild Dart Swim and Aquathlon from Wild RunningOne free entry to a 2022 Dock2Dock swim (from Love Open Water)
- One free entry to the 2022 MK1K event (from Love Open Water)
- One of two Restube Active water safety devices
- One of six premium subscriptions to Her Spirit plus a swim cap, each worth £50
- A free entry to BEST FEST (travel and accommodation need to be purchased separately)
- A £100 voucher from Zone 3
- One Champion Support Membership to Swim England (includes monthly prize draws and exclusive access to expert webinars)
- One of two free entries to a Swim Ireland 2022 Open Water Event of your choice for you and a friend
- One of two free passes to a Swim Ireland 2022 Open Water Programme of your choice
- A free one-year subscription to Outdoor Swimmer (or one to give away as a gift if you already subscribe)
- A Swim Wild & Free hoodie from Outdoor Swimmer
Closing date: 12 November 2021
Partners and collaborators
Many thanks to the organisations below who helped with the design and distribution of the survey