We’ve spent the last few months analysing the data from our Attitudes to Outdoor Swimming survey and talking to experts and leaders from the world of outdoor swimming. The result make fascinating reading, whether you’re a casual dipper or someone looking to start an outdoor swimming-related business.
- How fast is outdoor swimming growing?
- Who swims outside? And when, where and how often?
- How does swimming outside change people?
- What kit do swimmers want most?
- How are businesses connected to outdoor swimming faring?
- What outdoor swimming-related jobs and volunteer positions do swimmers do?
Trends in Outdoor Swimming 2022 is available now for £8.95.
Please note: we are sending a free copy of Trends in Outdoor Swimming to all our Patrons and Super Patrons.
Highlights from the report include:
- 1 in 5 swimmers who started in the last 12 months say they did so for the mental health benefits
- 65% of female swimmers say outdoor swimming is hugely important to their mental health
- 59% of outdoor swimmers continue swimming outdoors through the winter
- One third of swimmers have taken action about water pollution such as writing to politicians, signing petitions and campaigning.
- 1 in 3 outdoor swimmers volunteer in some capacity within the sport
- Female participation has increased from 65% to 73.5% over the past 12 months