Our founder Simon Griffiths will be joining a panel of experts to discuss “Rivers Fit to Swim In” at the River Trust’s Conference tomorrow (Tuesday 15 March) at 2:45pm.
With lots of recent awareness of the importance of river health and big shifts including a new Environment Act and a damning report on water quality from government, the conference aims to tackle the issue of how we can translate this into action.
The other panellists include:
- Chair: Marie Taylor – Operations Director at Yorkshire Dales Rivers Trust
- Johnny Palmer – Campaigner and landowner at Warleigh Weir
- Keri-anne Payne – Two-time 10-kilometre open water world swimming champion, Olympic silver medallist, and outdoor swimming coach
- Claire Robertson – Oxford Rivers Project Officer, Thames21
- Richard Aylard, External Affairs and Sustainability Director at Thames Water
Topics on the agenda include new inland bathing waters, agricultural pollution and whether wild swimming will continue to grow.