Outdoor Swimmer Henley Swim Festival 2019 – Highlights and pictures
Last Sunday (14 July) we welcomed more than 1200 swimmers along with their friends and families to the new look Outdoor Swimmer Henley Swim Festival. We’re delighted with how this event has grown and evolved over the last few years. Highlights for me included:
- Meeting lots of Outdoor Swimmer subscribers and hearing about their swimming adventures over a steaming cup of tea
- Meeting so many people who have recently discovered outdoor swimming or who were taking part in their first ever open water challenge and seeing their faces at the finish
- Seeing younger swimmers just loving being in the water in our special lido area
- The support we received from exhibitors and event partners who helped create a fantastic atmosphere
- Completing possibly my fastest ever mile swim, thanks to a little current assistance from the Thames
We’ve already started planning for 2020 and are looking forward to working with Henley Swim again to ensure this event keeps getting better. In fact, we’ve already set a date (Sunday 12 July 2020) and entries are already open, with early bird prices for a limited period only.