Fingers on buzzers! Test your knowledge of outdoor swimming with our Boxing Day Swim Quiz of the Year.
1. How many bananas did Ross Edgley consume during his Great British Swim?
2. Where did Agnes Beckwith swim 20 miles in 1878?
3. An ice mile is a mile swum in water of what temperature and under?
5 degrees C
10 degrees C
1 degree C
4. How did Captain Webb die?
Drowned attempting to go down Niagara Falls in a barrel
Drowned in the Niagara River Whirlpool Rapids
Drowned attempting to tightrope walk across Niagara Falls
5. The Farallon Islands to San Francisco is considered to be one of the world’s toughest swims. The waters around the Farallon Islands are a breeding ground for which creatures?
Great White Sharks
6. Who is the UN Patron of the Oceans?
7. Linsey Cole recently swam down the Thames collecting litter. What mythical creature was she dressed as?
8. In the Victoria Wood sketch Swim the Channel, which pop star did Chrissie want to meet?
9. How old was Tom Gregory when he swam the English Channel?
10. Pannier Yankee is an anagram of which open water Olympian?
2. River Thames
3. 5 degrees C
4. Drowned in the Niagara River Whirlpool Rapids
5. Great White Sharks
6. Lewis Pugh
8. Bonnie Tyler
10. Keri-anne Payne